- Duration: 4N/5D
- Location: Reykjavik, Hella, Hnapavellir
- Available Seat: 10
- Price: From EUR 1090
Auroras, Volcanoes and Glacier Lagoon
1N Reykjavik / 1N Hella / 1N Hnapavellir / 1N Reykjavik
4 Nights / 5 Days
DAY 01: ARRIVE IN KEFLAVIK/KEFLAVIK – REYKJAVIK
AArrive in Keflavik. The Flybus shuttle will bring you from Keflavik International Airport to your hotel in Reykjavík where you will spend the night. You will be provided with ideas how to explore Iceland’s capital on your own.
Overnight in Reykjavik.
DAY 02: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE ROUTE
After breakfast, at 0830 hrs, you will meet your tour guide and will start the escorted tour program with a short introduction to Icelandic geology while watching a striking film at the Reykjavik Volcano House. At the Volcano House, you can experience a hands-on geological exhibition where you can examine various pieces of pumice, ash and lava from Icelandic volcanoes. Later on, you will depart from Reykjavik and drive to Thingvellir National Park – a UNESCO world heritage site. The faults and fissures of the area make evident the rifting of the earth’s crust. Exploring the hot springs at Geysir is like watching a geography lesson in real life: natural springs bubbling away in the ground until the pressure becomes too much – and they explode in spectacular style. Geysir and Strokkur are the two biggest of the geysers there. While Geysir is no longer active, Strokkur still spouts every 5 to 15 minutes to the delight of visitors. Next you will travel to Gullfoss, “the golden falls”, which is a double waterfall that tumbles 34 meters into the Hvita River. Gullfoss is one of Iceland’s most beautiful waterfalls. The explosion crater called Kerid is filled with water and resembles an ancient amphitheatre. In the evening, you will hear about the Northern Lights from your tour guide. Naturally, once darkness falls, you will be out in the garden waiting for the Northern Lights. (B, D)
Overnight in Selfoss.
DAY 03: VATNAJOKULL NATIONAL PARK AND GLACIER LAGOON
After breakfast, a long drive will bring you to a world of glaciers, ice and icebergs. You will travel to Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon filled with floating icebergs. You will explore this extraordinary site and perhaps see some seals swimming in the arctic waters. You can walk on the black sandy beach where large icebergs get stranded. The Vatnajokull National Park is about 12,000 square kilometers and it is the largest National Park in Europe. In this area, you will find Iceland’s highest mountains, an alpine environment and Europe’s largest glacier. In the evening, you can enjoy a movie presentation about Northern Lights as a part of the Northern Lights educational program. Do not sleep as you may just miss out one more chance of seeing the Northern Lights shimmering and dancing across the night sky. (B, D)
Overnight in Hnapavellir.
DAY 04: SOUTH COAST
After breakfast, you will head across the Laki lava field to the village of Vík where you will make a photo stop. You will take a stroll on the black lava beach and along the bird cliffs at Reynisfjara beach in South Iceland. You will pass the glacier Myrdalsjokull and the infamous volcano Eyjafjallajokull and continue to Skogafoss waterfall. Further west, you will reach the high but narrow Seljalandsfoss waterfall which plunges over the mountain. There’s a trail that goes behind the fall which is interesting – if you are prepared to get wet. In the evening, you will return to Reykjavik for one last night. You can do an Optional Northern Lights bus tour or fjord cruise which can be booked on the spot, if the weather conditions are ideal. (B)
Overnight in Reykjavik
DAY 05: DEPARTURE DAY
After breakfast, you will be transferred by Flybus airport shuttle from your hotel in Reykjavík to Keflavík Airport. (B)
- Accommodation in simple tourist-class hotels and cottages as per itinerary (subject to availability) at the time of booking or similar.
- Includes 4 Breakfasts and 2 2-Course Dinners, 2 Midnight refreshments on day 2 and 3, meals as per itinerary (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner).
- Arrival & departure airport transfer by FLYBUS Plus shuttle (no guide)
- Fully escorted 3-day bus tour with an English-speaking guide
- Entrance to Kerid volcano crater
- Visit to a multimedia presentation at the Volcano House in Reykjavík
- Northern Lights program during 2 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film and guided searches for the Northern Lights
- Use of winter and Northern Lights explorer equipment: simple non-slip snow and ice grippers spikes for shoes and a flash light that is helpful when walking in the dark and operating your photo camera at night
- Visit Vatnajokull glacier and Jokulsarlon ice lagoon
- Explore hot springs, lava fields, waterfalls and volcano craters
- Visit to Volcano house in Reykjavík
COST: From EUR 1090 onwards Per Person in standard double room
DEPARTURE DATES: 2018 – September 30;October 7,14,21,28; November 4, 11, 18, 25; December 2, 9, 16, 28*; 2019 – January 6, 13, 20, 27; February 03, 10, 17, 24; March 03, 10, 17, 24; April 07.
Please check the dates availability at the times of bookings
At times there may be special deals- enquire at the time of booking. New Year’s departure is more expensive program and inclusions are slightly different.
- All flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- Drinks, tips, laundry, bottled drinking water and other personal expenses
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Holiday Surcharge
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- Tips and gratuities
- Passport and Visa fees
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- GST extra as applicable
- All prices are correct at the time of printing and subject to availability.
- All prices are subject to change without notice. Though care has been taken to put appropriate prices, our suppliers may increase their price depending on the availability and season. We therefore request you to allow for changes to occur before the confirmation of the final price. We will inform you about the increase or decrease in prices at the time of booking.
- No reservations have been made and accommodation is subject to availability. In case of non-availability, alternate accommodation will be recommended.
- There is limited day light, about 5 to 6 hours, for departures mid November to End of January. For your information the shortest day light in Iceland is on 21st December, about 4 hours.
- Most double rooms in Iceland are actually twin bedded rooms.
- The New Year’s departure is more expensive as program and inclusions are slightly different.
- There is a possibility that some of the nature attractions around Iceland might charge an entrance fee during the trip. These entrance fees are not included in the tour price and need to be paid by all tour members additionally on the spot, when entering any of these nature sites. Locations, amount of entrance fee, form of payment and other details are not known at the present time and are subject to change.
- Itineraries may be subject to change at short notice during severe weather conditions and certain outdoor activities/day trips may be cancelled during the winter season in Iceland. In these rare cases, where situations of force majeure apply, excursions/activities cannot be refunded but the local guides will try their best to find reasonable alternatives where and whenever possible
- Tour starts with an arrival in Iceland on Sundays and guided bus tour starts on Mondays at 0830 hrs. The guided tour ends on Wednesdays at around 1800 hrs for a last overnight in Reykjavík. Departure from Iceland is on Thursdays.
- Total mileage without airport transfer is 910 km (564 miles) which is an average of 303 km (188 miles) per day.
- You spend about 4 hours per day on the bus, depending on road conditions, traffic and daily distances. On some days the driving might be longer than on some other days.
- All outdoor activities are weather permitting.
- Smoking is not allowed in the vehicles. Comfort stops will be made en route.
- All distances and travelling times are approximate.
- Peak Season Surcharge may be applicable during Xmas, New Year or during any special events.
- Namaste Tourism Terms & Conditions Apply.
- All Payments to be made in INR, USD or EUR as per rate of exchange at the time of booking.
- Any payments automatically mean adherence to the terms & conditions and our statute.