- Duration: 8N/9D
- Location: Tel Aviv, Eilat, Petra, Wadi Rum
- Available Seat: 10
- Price: USD 1610
The Desert Marathon in Eilat
8 Nights / 9 Days
1N Tel Aviv / 4N Eilat / 2N Petra / 1N Wadi Rum
Day 01: NOVEMBER 28TH – WEDNESDAY
You arrive at the Ben Gurion Airport where you will meet and be assisted by our representative and later transferred to your hotel. (D)
Overnight in Tel Aviv.
DAY 02: NOVEMBER 29TH – THURSDAY
After breakfast, you will go on a tour to Tel Aviv-Jaffa. You will drive through the “White City” of Tel-Aviv that was declared by UNESCO as a world cultural heritage site for its Bauhaus style buildings. You will stop at Rabin Square, place where Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated. You will continue to Old Jaffa which is one of the oldest port cities in the world. Later visit the ancient ruins, Artist’s Quarter and Neve Tzedek and then continue with the bus to Eilat. En route you will have lunch in Bedouin hospitality in the Negev desert and stop in the desert town on Mitzpe Ramon for a breathtaking view of the Ramon Crater (Makhtesh Ramon). In the evening, you will pick up your bib number on the Expo in one of the Eilat hotels and then have a festive Pasta dinner. (B, L, D)
Overnight in Eilat.
DAY 03: NOVEMBER 30TH – FRIDAY
Today you will wake up early for your race. At 0500 hrs the luggage storage facility opens up. You then have a coffee and warm up at the start zone. The race will start as per the scheduled timings for different marathon categories. At 0600 hrs – full marathon (42.2 km) begins; 0615 hrs – half marathon (21.1 km) begins; 0625 hrs – 5 km race begins and at 0630 hrs – 10 km “Meruz Habanim” race begins. The afternoon will be at leisure. At around 1500 hours award ceremony will be organized. Later you may participate in desert yoga at sunset at the Club Hotel. The wild desert Marathon party will begin at 2130 hours. (B, D)
Overnight in Eilat.
DAY 04: DECEMBER 1ST – SATURDAY
The day will be at leisure today. You will have opportunity for optional activities, e.g. introductory dive, desert jeep or hike tour or visiting Dolphin Reef or Coral Beach Nature Reserve. (B, D)
Overnight in Eilat.
DAY 05: DECEMBER 2ND – SUNDAY
Today after breakfast, passengers returning home will be transferred to the Eilat airport for flight to Ben Gurion Airport for their departure back home. Passengers continuing to Jordan, will be transferred in the afternoon by bus to the Arava Border and later transferred to their hotel. (B, D)
Overnight in Petra.
DAY 06: DECEMBER 3RD – MONDAY
Today you will go on a full day tour in Petra. From the ‘Visitors Center’ at Petra’s entrance, you will walk to the Siq Canyon. En route you will see the ‘Silica Quarries’, The Jinn Blocks and the first large site, the ‘Obelisk Tomb’. At the entrance to the Siq, you will see the stone dam that protects Petra from floods and the ancient drainage channels of the site. At the end of the Siq you will find Petra’s most renowned monument ‘The Treasury’ (in Arabic; Al Khazneh). If time allows, you will walk along the Colonnade Street and visit the Great Temple. On the way back to the bus, you have time to take more pictures and to look again at the sites that interested you the most. (B, D)
Overnight in Petra.
DAY 07: DECEMBER 4TH – TUESDAY
Today you will be visiting little Petra which is located to the north of Petra. Then you continue to Wadi Rum where you will board 4X4 jeep, driven by professional Bedouin drivers onto the legendary sandstone area of Wadi Rum. Here you will be crossing the red sand dunes, visit the famous spring of Lawrence of Arabia and the canyon of ‘Haz Ali’. (B, D)
Overnight in Wadi Rum in Bedouin camp.
DAY 08: DECEMBER 5TH – WEDNESDAY
Morning will be at your leisure. In the afternoon you will be transferred to the Arava border and later transferred to hotel in Eilat. (B, D)
Overnight in Eilat.
DAY 09: DECEMBER 6TH – THURSDAY
Today after breakfast, you will be transferred by bus from Eilat through the Arava desert to Ben Gurion Airport for departure home. (B)
(PL) = Picnic Lunch, (B) = Breakfast, (L) = Lunch, (D) = Dinner
- 8 night stay in 3 and 4-star hotel on twin room sharing basis, subject to availability.
- 8 B, 1 L & 8 D all meals as per itinerary. (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Transfer on arrival from Ben Gurion Airport to hotel in Tel Aviv
- Lunch in the Bedouin hospitality in the Negev desert and Pasta Dinner before the marathon on November 29, 2018
- For Basic Package with Bus to Eilat
a) Tour in Tel Aviv-Jaffa and then through the Negev desert on the route to Eilat with English speaking guide
b) Bus transfer from Tel Aviv to Eilat
c) Domestic flight Eilat to Ben Gurion Airport with airport transfer on December 2, 2018
- For the Jordan extension:
a) Transfer to the Jordanian border on December 2, 2018.
b) Transfer to and from the South Border crossing
c) Meet & assist by Jordanian representative at South Border upon arrival and departure from Jordan
d) Entrance fees to all sites as mentioned above (Petra, Wadi Rum)
e) In Petra, short horse ride to the entrance of Siq (On horseback and not by carriage). Compulsory to pay even if you do not take it.
f) Air-conditioned bus and English Speaking guide all throughout the itinerary
g) Tour in Wadi Rum by Pickups 4×4 for 3 hours
h) Porterage at Borders & Hotels
i) Transfer from the South Border to hotel in Eilat on December 5, 2018
j) Bus transfer from Eilat to the Ben Gurion Airport – not including guide
- Run on the most beautiful and wildest route in Israel
- City tour of Tel Aviv, Jaffa
- Full Day tour of Petra
- Visit to Little Petra and Wadi Rum
Basic Package Costing (4N/5D) – November 28 to December 2, 2018
From USD 995 on twin sharing basis in standard room
Israel + Jordan Extension Package Costing (8N/9D) – November 28 to December 6, 2018
From USD 1610 on twin sharing basis in standard room
The rates above are for minimum 20 people travelling together
EXCHANGE RATE: 1 USD = 70 INR (exchange rate as on the day of payment applicable)
VALIDITY: From 28th November 2018 To 6th December 2018
At times there may be special deals – enquire at the time of booking.
- All international flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Passport and Visa fees
- Any meals not mentioned above
- Marathon Registration Fees
- In Jordan: Beverages of any kind (Coffee, Tea, Mineral Water, etc.)
- Optional activities and excursions
- Drinks, tips, laundry, bottled drinking water and other personal expenses
- Personal expenditure (souvenirs) or Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- Medical, Travel & Baggage Insurance, Holiday Surcharge, Tips and gratuities
- Border & exit tax at the Israel Jordan border
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- GST extra as applicable
- All prices are correct at the time of printing and subject to availability.
- All prices are subject to change without notice. Though care has been taken to put appropriate prices, our suppliers may increase their price depending on the availability and season. We therefore request you to allow for changes to occur before the confirmation of the final price. We will inform you about the increase or decrease in prices at the time of booking.
- In Jordan Visa fees (VISA: Up to the moment; the VISA is FREE of Charge for 1 Pax & above Staying 2 nights or more. Passport manifest is needed in advance. Also they must be NON restricted nationality)
Border & exit tax (Exit tax to Jordan (100 NIS – about 30 USD per person) & exit tax from Jordan (10 JOD – around 15 USD) per person – to be paid directly on the border, in cash)
- No reservations have been made and accommodation is subject to availability. In case of non-availability, alternate accommodation will be recommended.
- All outdoor activities are weather permitting.
- Prices may vary depending on hotel availability and date.
- Please make sure you have a valid visa.
- Smoking is not allowed in the vehicles. Comfort stops will be made en route.
- All distances and travelling times are approximate.
- Terms & Conditions Apply.
- All Payments to be made in INR, USD or EUR as per rate of exchange at the time of booking.
- Any payments automatically mean adherence to the terms & conditions and our statute.