- Duration: 4N/5D
- Location: Lucerne, Interlaken
- Available Seat: 10
- Price: On Request
Best of Switzerland
4 Nights / 5 Days
2N Lucerne/ 2N Interlaken
DAY 01: ARRIVE IN LUCERNE
Transfer by train from the border, airport or any other destination in Switzerland to Lucerne. Short walk from the railway station to your hotel. Depending on arrival time opportunity to discover the Old Town. Lucerne lies on the river Reuss, at the end of Lake Lucerne, framed by impressive mountains. The city has been a stronghold of tourism since 1840, thanks to the well-preserved Old Town with its Chapel Bridge and Water Tower.
Overnight in Lucerne.
DAY 02: MOUNT TITLIS, MOUNT PILATUS OR STANSERHORN (OPTIONAL TOURS)
Titlis: After breakfast, visit Mount Titlis which is the highest glacier excursion destination and biggest ski and snowboard paradise in Central Switzerland. The Titlis, Engelberg‘s ‚ house mountain, and its glacier park are accessible by revolving rotair cableway. At an altitude of 3020 metres above sea level visitors are treated to a fabulous view of the central Alps.
Pilatus: After breakfast, ride the panoramic gondolas and aerial cableway that will take you to the summit of Mount Pilatus (7000 ft / 2132 m). From here, you will enjoy unforgettable views over the surrounding mountains and lakes. Time at leisure for lunch or short hike to the summit of the mountain.
Stanserhorn: The latest master piece of Swiss engineering is a unique open top aerial cable car which takes you up to Mt. Stanserhorn (6230 ft / 1900 m) after breakfast. A magnificent panoramic view over ten lakes, 100 kilometers of the Alpine mountain range and three countries awaits you. (B)
Overnight in Lucerne.
DAY 03: LUCERNE – INTERLAKEN
After breakfast, go for an entertaining journey on board of the Zentralbahn or a regional train via the Brünigpass to Interlaken. The town lies in the Bernese Oberland on an alluvial plain, between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. The vacation destination, which is presided over by the three mighty mountains, Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, is the starting point for numerous activities. (B)
Overnight in Interlaken.
DAY 04: INTERLAKEN/EXCURSION JUNGFRAUJOCH
After breakfast, ride the Jungfrau Railway, which leads through the heart of the mountains and up to the highest train station in Europe (3454 m), which offers unbelievable views of the mountain giants Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau and of the longest river of ice in the Alps – the Aletsch glacier at 22 km length. It climbs nearly 1400 meters in height and covers a distance of more than seven kilometers in tunnels along the nine kilometer long stretch. (B)
Overnight in Interlaken.
DAY 05: DEPARTURE DAY
After breakfast, time for souvenir shopping before you transfer by rail to the border/airport back home or on to your next holiday destination. (B)
- 3*/ 4* Accommodation as per itinerary (subject to availability) at the time of booking or similar.
- Includes 4 Breakfasts, meals as per itinerary (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner).
- Services of Local Representative
- Swiss Card 2nd class: border/airport – Lucerne – Interlaken – border/airport
- Excursion Jungfraujoch (non-guided)
- Mount Titlis, Mount Pilatus Or Stanserhorn
COST: On Request
- All flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- Meals (Lunch and Dinner) not specified in inclusions
- Drinks, tips, laundry, bottled drinking water and other personal expenses
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Holiday Surcharge
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- Tips and gratuities
- Passport and Visa fees
- International Airfare
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- Export transfers
- GST extra as applicable
- Rates are subject to availability and to further terms and conditions.
- All prices are correct at the time of printing. Compact travels reserves the right to alter the published price of any tour due to increasing tariffs, costs and entry fees or fluctuation of exchange rates, such amounts shall be determined at the sole discretion of Compact Travels.
- No reservations have been made and accommodation is subject to availability. In case of non-availability, alternate accommodation will be recommended.
- Optional tours at extra costs: Mount Titlis, Mount Pilatus or Stanserhorn
- Starting 1st of September until 16th of November 2014 Mount Pilatus can only be reached from Alpnachstadt with the cogwheel train due to construction works.
- Lucerne 3* partner hotels: Ambassador, de la Paix, des Alpes or similar
- Interlaken 3* partner hotels: City Oberland, Weisses Kreuz or similar
- All outdoor activities are weather permitting.
- Smoking is not allowed in the vehicles. Comfort stops will be made en route.
- All distances and travelling times are approximate.
- Peak Season Surcharge may be applicable during Xmas, New Year or during any special events.
- Compact Travels Terms & Conditions Apply.
- Effective November 15, 2015, Swachh Bharat cess in addition to the Service tax will be applicable on all currencies (payable in INR).
- All Payments to be made in INR, USD or EUR as per rate of exchange at the time of booking.
- Any payments automatically mean adherence to the terms & conditions of Compact Travels.