- Duration: 11N/12D
- Location: Stockholm, Hamar, Geiranger, Balestrand, Bergen, Geilo, Oslo, Copenhagen
- Available Seat: 10
- Price: On Request
Legends of Scandinavia
11 Nights / 12 Days
3N Stockholm / 1N Hamar / 1N Geiranger / 1N Balestrand / 1N Bergen / 1N Geilo / 1N Oslo / 1N Oslo – Copenhagen in Cruise ship / 1N Copenhagen
DAY 01: ARRIVE IN STOCKHOLM
Arrive in Stockholm. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel.
Overnight in Stockholm.
DAY 02: STOCKHOLM
After breakfast, at 1030 hrs, you will meet your tour escort who will stay with you for the rest of the tour and your local Stockholm guide who will take you on a guided tour of the Swedish capital. From Fjällgatan, you will have the view of Stockholm spread out on 14 islands connected by bridges. You will visit Gamla Stan, the old city with its narrow cobbled-stoned lanes, charming small squares, medieval buildings in happy colours, the Cathedral, and the Royal Palace. Afternoon is free at leisure. (B)
Overnight in Stockholm.
DAY 03: STOCKHOLM
After breakfast, day is at leisure in Stockholm or you can do an Optional tour to visit the City Hall where the annual Nobel Prize banquet is held and the fascinating Vasa Ship museum with the unique wooden warship that sank in Stockholm’s harbor on its maiden voyage and was salvaged intact 333 years later. (B)
Overnight in Stockholm.
DAY 04: STOCKHOLM – HAMAR
After breakfast, you start the journey by coach towards Norway passing open landscapes, dense forests and glittering lakes. You stop in the city of Karlstad, the capital of the province of Värmland beautifully located on the shores of Lake Värnern, the largest of Sweden’s lakes. After crossing the border into Norway, you continue to Hamar located by Norway’s largest lake Mjøsa. Enjoy dinner at the hotel. (BD)
Overnight in Hamar.
DAY 05: HAMAR – LOM – GEIRANGER
After breakfast, your first stop is Lillehammer, where the 1994 winter Olympics took place. You continue north through the green, fertile farmland of Gudbrands Valley. In Lom, you stop to see the amazing wooden stave church dating back to the 12th century. Your route continues via Grotli to Geiranger. A photo-stop is made before descending the hairpin curves to the village by the fjord. The fjord and the surrounding mountains give a unique and fabulous backdrop to your stay. Enjoy dinner at the hotel. (BD)
Overnight in Geiranger.
DAY 06: GEIRANGER – BRIKSDAL GLACIER – BALESTRAND
After breakfast, take a morning cruise on the UNESCO listed Geiranger Fjord with the impressive waterfalls – “the Bridal Veil” and “the Seven Sisters”. Continue to Briksdal Glacier. The last part of the journey up to the glacier will be in the motorized open Troll Cars, allowing you to enjoy the full panoramic view. After the glacier experience sit back in the coach and enjoy the views of mountains and fjords passing by as you drive towards Balestrand. Your route will take us through the Gaular Mountain National Park. In the late afternoon, you reach the beautiful resort in Balestrand located on the shores of the fjord and surrounded by high mountains. This unique spot is a good candidate for the most beautiful place on earth. Enjoy dinner at the hotel. (BD)
Overnight in Balestrand.
DAY 07: BALESTRAND – BERGEN
After breakfast, take a ferry across to Hella and continue along the scenic coastal route to Manheller for a short ferry crossing to Fodnes. You then continue to Gudvangen, where you board a 2 hour mini-cruise of the Sogne Fjord, the longest and deepest fjord in the world. Marvel at the landscape as you sail into the Nærøy fjord – a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with small farms scattered on the steep hillsides of the fjord, cascading waterfalls and towering snow-clad mountains. Disembark in Flåm and you continue with one of the most exceptional rail road trips in the world, the Flam Railway. With breath-taking views at every curve it will take you up to the mountain station of Myrdal where you will connect to your train to Voss where the coach awaits your arrival and take you to Bergen. (B)
Overnight in Bergen.
DAY 08: BERGEN – GEILO
After breakfast, you will be taken on a guided tour of Bergen to see the famous open air fish market, stroll across to Bryggen where the traditional wooden medieval buildings still remain as in the times of the Hanseatic League. Time is at leisure for shopping, having lunch and maybe taking the funicular to the top of Mount Fløyen for a stunning view of Bergen. In the afternoon, you continue towards the Hardanger Fjord with its romantic landscape of fruit orchards and rounded mountains. You make a stop at the impressive Vøringsfoss waterfall with has a vertical drop of 180 meters, before ascending the Hardanger Mountain Plateau and reaching the resort town of Geilo. Enjoy dinner at the hotel. (BD)
Overnight in Geilo.
DAY 09: GEILO – OSLO
After breakfast, in the morning, you head for Oslo, the capital of Norway, with arrival around noon. You have some free time for lunch before going on the guided tour of Oslo. You will be taken on a guided tour to the Frogner Park with the controversial sculptures of the famous Norwegian Gustav Vigeland. Other highlights of the tour area the Royal Palace, the medieval fortress Akershus, the modern Opera house, the City Hall etc. Remainder of the day free to explore Oslo, the pedestrian street Karl Johan and the lovely shopping and restaurant wharf Aker Brygge. (B)
Overnight in Oslo.
DAY 10: OSLO – COPENHAGEN
After breakfast, morning is free to continue exploring Oslo; maybe you can do an Optional visit to some of the famous maritime museums such as the Viking Ships or the Polar ship Fram. In the late afternoon, you will be transferred to the pier for embarkation of the overnight cruise to Copenhagen. Enjoy the view heading out through the Oslo Fjord from the deck or one of the cafés or bars onboard. Enjoy dinner that is the famous Scandinavian Smorgåsbord buffet. (BD)
Overnight cruise journey.
DAY 11: COPENHAGEN
After breakfast on board and directly upon arrival in Copenhagen, meet your local guide showing you some of the highlights of Copenhagen; the little Mermaid, the Gefion fountain, the royal residence Amalienborg Palace, Christianshavn and Nyhavn with its charming canals etc. Afternoon is free to enjoy the fairy-tale city on your own. (B)
Overnight in Copenhagen.
DAY 12: DEPARTURE DAY
After breakfast, you will be transferred to that airport. (B)
- 4* Accommodation as per itinerary (subject to availability) at the time of booking or similar.
- Includes 11 Breakfasts and 5 Dinners, meals as per itinerary (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner).
- English-speaking tour escort through-out the program starting from day 2
- City tours of the capitals with local English-speaking guides
- Transportation by modern coach with reclining seats, seatbelt, toilet and free Wi-Fi onboard the long distance coach
- Scandinavian driver
- 2 Mini cruises on the Norwegian fjords of Geiranger fjord and Nærøy Fjord -Sogne Fjord
- Scenic rail road trip with Flam Railway
- Tour with motorized open Troll Cars to Briksdal Glacier
- Luggage handling at the pier for the overnight cruise
- Airport transfers
- Gamla Stan, the old city with its narrow cobbled-stoned lanes, charming small squares, medieval buildings in happy colours, the Cathedral, and the Royal Palace in Stockholm
- Lillehammer, wooden stave church in Lom
- Briksdal Glacier
- Mini-cruise of the Sogne Fjord
- Vøringsfoss waterfall
- Frogner Park, Royal Palace, the medieval fortress Akershus, the modern Opera house, the City Hall in Oslo
- The little Mermaid, the Gefion fountain, the royal residence Amalienborg Palace, Christianshavn and Nyhavn with its charming canals in Copenhagen
COST: On Request
- All flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- All meals and drinks not specified in inclusions
- Drinks, tips, laundry, bottled drinking water and other personal expenses
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- Tips and gratuities
- Passport and Visa fees
- International Airfare
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- GST extra as applicable
- Rates are subject to availability and to further terms and conditions.
- All prices are correct at the time of printing. Namaste Tourism reserves the right to alter the published price of any tour due to increasing tariffs, costs and entry fees or fluctuation of exchange rates, such amounts shall be determined at the sole discretion of Namaste Tourism.
- No reservations have been made and accommodation is subject to availability. In case of non-availability, alternate accommodation will be recommended.
- For the overnight ferries, the suitcases will go in containers on the ship without access to them during the sail. All clients should therefore prepare an overnight bag to take to the cabins with the necessary items for the cruise.
- All outdoor activities are weather permitting.
- Smoking is not allowed in the vehicles. Comfort stops will be made en route.
- All distances and travelling times are approximate.
- Peak Season Surcharge may be applicable during Xmas, New Year or during any special events.
- Namaste Tourism Terms & Conditions Apply.
- Effective November 15, 2015, Swachh Bharat cess in addition to the Service tax will be applicable on all currencies (payable in INR).
- All Payments to be made in INR, USD or EUR as per rate of exchange at the time of booking.
- Any payments automatically mean adherence to the terms & conditions of Namaste Tourism.