- Duration: 7N/8D
- Location: Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay, Inle Lake
- Available Seat: 10
- Price: On Request
Myanmar Tour (Every Saturday)
7 Nights / 8 Days
1N Yangon / 1N Bagan / 2N Mandalay / 2N Inle Lake / 1N Yangon
DAY 01: ARRIVE IN YANGON
Arrive in Yangon. Upon arrival at Yangon Airport, you will be welcomed by your guide and transferred to your hotel. Meeting point at your hotel’s lobby is at 1330 hrs. Then, your journey begins with an afternoon tour through Yangon city. Visit Sule Pagoda dating back to over 2000 years ago. You will then proceed to the magnificent reclining Buddha Chauk Htat Gyi. After a photo stop at the Karaweik Hall on Kandawgyi (Royal) Lake, you will stroll through the Bogyoke (Scott’s) Market with hundreds of food, clothes, handicrafts and gems stores. You will complete your first day Yangon impressions with an extended visit to one of the world’s most spectacular monuments, the Shwedagon Pagoda. Lunch will be to your own account. Enjoy dinner at your hotel in Yangon. (D)
Overnight in Yangon.
DAY 02: YANGON – BAGAN
After an early breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your domestic flight to Bagan. Upon arrival, you will start your day with visits to the most significant pagodas and temples of Bagan including Shwezigon Pagoda built by King Anawrahta in the early 11th century as a religious monument to newly introduced Theravada Buddhism, Gu Byauk Gyi, a temple with superb murals of Jataka scenes, Khay Min Ga Temple and the famous Ananda Temple with four magnificent standing Buddha images. In the afternoon, you will visit one of Myanmar’s most treasured handicrafts, a lacquer ware craftsmen’s workshop in nearby Myinkaba village. You will continue to Manuha Temple built in Mon style in 1059 and follow on to Nanpaya Temple, a unique sandstone monument said to have been the palace of King Manuha. You will proceed to Bupaya Pagoda to watch the sunset over the famous Ayeyarwaddy River. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Dinner will be to your own account. (BL)
Overnight in Bagan.
DAY 03: BAGAN – MANDALAY
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your domestic flight to Mandalay. Upon arrival, you will experience the sights and sounds of Mandalay including one of the most revered religious monuments in Myanmar, the Mahamuni Pagoda, the Shwe In Bin Monastery, the Golden Palace Monastery – a superb example of a traditional wooden building and Kuthodaw Pagoda – the world’s largest book made of 729 marble slabs, on which the entire Theravada Buddhist Pali Canon is inscribed. Mandalay is also a major crafts center. You will visit a Kalaga tapestries craftsmen’s shop before going to Mandalay Hill for sunset. Lunch will be served at local restaurant. Dinner will be to your own account. (BL)
Overnight in Mandalay.
DAY 04: MINGUN – MANDALAY – AMARAPURA
After breakfast, you will do an excursion by boat on the Ayeyarwaddy River to Mingun about 11 km (1 hour) upriver from Mandalay. Your visit will start with the Mingun Bell, a magnificent sight of the world’s biggest bell still intact, weighing 90 tons, and continue to Hsinbyume Paya as well as the unfinished Mingun Paya built as one of the world’s largest stupas by King Bodaw Paya. You will return by boat to Mandalay and proceed by car or bus to Amarapura, 15 km from Mandalay. You will visit Bagaya Monastery with an interesting collection of Buddha statues. Afterwards, you will observe a beautiful sunset at the 200-year-old U Bein teak bridge built in 1782 when Amarapura was the Royal Capital. Later, you will return to Mandalay. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Dinner will be to your own account. (BL)
Overnight in Mandalay.
DAY 05: MANDALAY – HEHO – PINDAYA – INLE LAKE
After an early breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your domestic flight to Heho. Upon arrival, you will proceed by road to Pindaya and visit Pindaya Caves, a unique site housing thousands of Buddha images placed there by pilgrims over the centuries. Then, you will drive to Nyaung Shwe and transferred by boat to your hotel for check-in. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Dinner will be to your own account. (BL)
Overnight in Inle Lake.
DAY 06: INLE LAKE
After breakfast, you will enjoy a full day excursion by boat on Inle Lake. The visit will include sights of the famous leg rowers, typical floating gardens, local methods of fishing, village life and magnificent scenery. Visits are made to Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the weaving village of Inpawkhon and to one of the local markets in the Inle Lake region. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Dinner will be to your own account. (BL)
Overnight in Inle Lake.
DAY 07: INLE LAKE – HEHO – YANGON
After breakfast, boat and guide will be at disposal until transfer to Heho Airport for your domestic flight to Yangon. Upon arrival in Yangon, you will be transferred to your hotel. Rest of the day is at leisure. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Dinner will be to your own account. (BL)
Overnight in Yangon.
DAY 08: DEPARTURE DAY
After breakfast, day will be at leisure until transfer to the airport for your international departure flight. (B)
- 3* Accommodation as per itinerary (subject to availability) at the time of booking or similar.
- Includes 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 1 Dinner, meals as per itinerary (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner).
- All entrance fees
- Transfers and tours with English speaking station guide (different guide for each destination)
- Airport transfers pick up and drop off (international terminal in Yangon)
- Transportation by air-conditioned van/minibus/coach
- Service charges, room tax and baggage handling
- Sule Pagoda, Chauk Htat Gyi, Karaweik Hall, Bogyoke (Scott) Market and Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon
- Shwezigon Pagoda, Gu Byauk Gyi temple, Khay Min Ga Temple, Ananda Temple, Myinkaba village, Manuha Temple, Nanpaya Temple and Bupaya Pagoda in Bagan
- Mahamuni Pagoda, Shwe In Bin Monastery, Golden Palace Monastery and Kuthodaw Pagoda in Mandalay
- Mingun Bell, Hsinbyume Paya, Mingun Paya in Mandalay, Bagaya Monastery and U Bein Bridge in Amarapura
- Pindaya Caves
- Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda and Inpawkhon village in Inle Lake
COST: On Request
At times there may be special deals – enquire at the time of booking.
- All flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- Drinks, tips, laundry, bottled drinking water and other personal expenses
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Holiday Surcharge
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- Tips and gratuities
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- Domestic airfares Yangon-Bagan-Mandalay-Heho-Yangon and Passenger Service Charge
- Visa fee for Myanmar
- Supplement for language throughout guide
- International airport tax in Yangon (If any)
- Christmas and New Year’s Eve dinner supplement (If any; will be advised at time of booking)
- GST extra as applicable
- Rates are subject to availability and to further terms and conditions.
- All prices are correct at the time of printing. Namaste Tourism reserves the right to alter the published price of any tour due to increasing tariffs, costs and entry fees or fluctuation of exchange rates, such amounts shall be determined at the sole discretion of Namaste Tourism.
- No reservations have been made and accommodation is subject to availability. In case of non-availability, alternate accommodation will be recommended.
- All prices are subject to change in case of increase to fuel surcharges, taxes, transportation costs, entrance fees etc.
- Itinerary is subject to changes depending on flights, road conditions and availability of rooms. A supplement for changes might apply.
- All departure dates with English speaking guide (minimum 2 persons).
- The tours are operated on fixed departure dates with an English speaking guide. The availability is confirmed on first come first served basis.
- Early check in subject to additional charges by hotel and prior booking.
- The Bogyoke (Scott) Market in Yangon is closed on Mondays and public holidays.
- The local markets in the Inle Lake region are open on market days only.
- All outdoor activities are weather permitting.
- Smoking is not allowed in the vehicles. Comfort stops will be made en route.
- All distances and travelling times are approximate.
- Peak Season Surcharge may be applicable during Xmas, New Year or during any special events.
- Namaste Tourism Terms & Conditions Apply.
- Effective November 15, 2015, Swachh Bharat cess in addition to the Service tax will be applicable on all currencies (payable in INR).
- All Payments to be made in INR, USD or EUR as per rate of exchange at the time of booking.
- Any payments automatically mean adherence to the terms & conditions of Namaste Tourism