- Duration: 7N/8D
- Location: Zagreb, Zadar, Opatija, Ljubljana
- Available Seat: 10
- Price: On Request
Natural Beauties – Croatia and Slovenia
7 Nights/ 8 Days
2N Zagreb/ 1N Zadar/ 1N Opatija/ 3N Ljubljana
DAY 01: ARRIVE IN ZAGREB
Arrive at Zagreb airport. Transfer to the hotel in Zagreb area. Do a Zagreb sightseeing tour with a local guide. Zagreb grew up on two neighbouring hills: Kaptol – the centre of spiritual and religious life of north-western Croatia and Gradec – the commercial centre of skilful tradesmen and craftsmen. Visit the Upper Town with its Gothic Cathedral, the beautiful and ornate St. Catherine’s church or the massive St. Mark’s church with its famous colour-tiled roof. Continue to the medieval Stone Gate and “Dolac”, the open-air market which are a must for all visitors. Take a scenic drive to the Lower Town with its colourful turn-of-the-century architecture best represented in the lovely building housing the Croatian National Theatre and Opera House.
Overnight in Zagreb.
DAY 02: ZAGREB
After breakfast, transfer and visit Medvedgrad with local guide: The medieval noble town at the top of the southern slope of Medvednica is the most important example of medieval civil architecture in Zagreb. As the fortress was built on a steep slope, the view from its walls is magnificent. With its ideal location, close to the city, yet far away enough to give the visitor a sense of remoteness, tranquility, romanticism and mystery, a short trip to Medvegrad makes for a relaxing journey through medieval history. Return to Zagreb, free time for lunch on own. Transfer to Lonjsko Polje Nature Park
Sightseeing tour of Lonjsko Polje Nature Park with local guide: The Lonjsko Polje Nature Park is situated in the alluvial plain of the Sava River in the central Sava River basin region and represents a unique landscape and ecological systems of flooded river plain of the Danubian basin. Lonjsko Polje Nature Park is one of the largest wetland areas in the entire Danubian basin. With the highest concentration of indigenous breeds (horses, pigs, cattle) in Croatia, they represent a unique way of managing pasturelands and are, at the same time, one of the most important habitats for a large number of rare and endangered plant and animal species. (B)
Overnight in Zagreb.
DAY 03: ZAGREB – ZADAR
After breakfast, transfer from Zagreb to Plitvice. Visit of the Plitvice National Park on own: Plitvice National Park is one of the most beautiful and best preserved national parks in the country. This is why the entire lakes and surrounding area were declared a national park in 1949 and are listed on the UNESCO`s list of World Heritage Sites because of its exceptional beauty. It is a valley situated between high forested mountains in which lie, one below another, a string of sixteen beautiful lakes of crystal blue and green waters. Fed by small streams and brooks, they spill into each other in 92 foaming cascades and thundering waterfalls. The Plitvice lakes` scenery will simply delight you regardless whether you are walking the paths and wooden bridges, taking a boat ride or just taking photographs. Free time for lunch. Continuing transfer to Zadar
Zadar sightseeing tour with local guide: Zadar is the oldest Slavic city on the Adriatic Coast with many historical monuments such as Roman Forum, St. Donat’s Church. (B)
Overnight in Zadar.
DAY 04: ZADAR – OPATIJA
After breakfast, transfer from Zadar to Paklenica National Park. Visit to Paklenica National Park with local guide. The area of Paklenica National Park stretches on the littoral slope of South Velebit. It covers the area of torrent flows of Velika Paklenica and Mala Paklenica, and their distinctive canyons carved vertically into the south slopes of Velebit and the broader surrounding area. The relatively small area has an abundance of geomorphologic phenomena and forms, diverse flora and fauna, attractive landscapes and intact nature. Free time for lunch. Continuing transfer to Opatija. (B)
Overnight in Opatija.
DAY 05: OPATIJA – LJUBLJANA
After breakfast, transfer from Opatija to Risnjak National Park.
Visit the Risnjak National Park with local guide: The park is part of the Dinaric mountain range and is in the region of Gorski Kotar, which is well known as the green lungs of Croatia as the area has extensive tree coverage. The National Park covers 63.5 square kilometers. The whole terrain except the mountain peaks is wooded and is characteristic of the Risnjak landscape. This park has varied climatic influences, which explains the type of flora in this area. There are over 4000 different plants in the park that include some rare species such as edelweiss and the black vanilla orchid. The animals in the park comprise of over 100 brown bears, lynx, chamois, deer, wild bear, wolves and wild cats. Free time for lunch. Continuing transfer to Postojna in Slovenia.
Visit of the Postojna cave: Postojna is the largest known cave system in Slovenia. There are longer caves in the world, but a visit to a cave such as Postojna deserves full attention due to the diversity of shapes, expansive cave areas, stalactite and stalagmite formations and water characteristics. Transfer to Ljubljana. (B)
Overnight in Ljubljana.
DAY 06: LJUBLJANA SIGHTSEEING TOUR
After breakfast, do a Ljubljana sightseeing tour with local guide: The tour includes a walk past the major sights of the old part of Ljubljana, which has a unique architectural appearance, particularly due to its mixture of Baroque and Art Nouveau architecture with masterful creations of the 20th century architect Jože Plecnik. Rest of the day is at leisure. (B)
Overnight in Ljubljana.
DAY 07: BLED AND BOHINJ
After breakfast, transfer from Ljubljana to Bled.
Bled: Bled is famous for the Lake Bled, which makes it a major tourist attraction. The lake surrounds Bled Island, the only natural island in Slovenia. The island has several buildings, the main one being the Pilgrimage Church of the Assumption of Mary. Free time for lunch on own and wondering around the lake. Continuing transfer to Bohinj.
Bohinj: Bohinj is an alpine valley and a municipality in the north-west of Slovenia, in the Julian Alps. It is recognizable by its periglacial lake, Lake Bohinj (Slovenian Bohinjsko jezero, German Wocheinersee). Some 20km long and 5km wide, Bohinj is the name given to the entire Sava Bohinjka basin southwest of Bled. Return to Ljubljana. (B)
Overnight in Ljubljana.
DAY 08: DEPARTURE DAY
After breakfast, take a transfer to the Zagreb airport. (B)
- 3*/ 4* Accommodation as per itinerary (subject to availability) at the time of booking or similar.
- Includes 7 Breakfasts, meals as per itinerary (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner).
- Private one way transfers: Zagreb airport – hotel in Zagreb area, Zagreb – Medvedgrad – Zagreb, Zagreb – Lonjsko polje – Zagreb, Zagreb – Plitvice lakes – Zadar, Zadar – Paklenica – Opatija, Opatija – Risnjak – Postojna – Ljubljana, Ljubljana – Bled and Bohinj – Ljubljana and Ljubljana – Zagreb airport
- Accommodation for the driver in single room
- Local guides
- Entrance fees to Medvedgrad, Lonjsko Polje Natural Park, Plitvice National Park, Paklenica National Park, Risnjak National Park, Postojna cave with audio guide, Bled island and boat crossing to the island and back and Bohinj Savica waterfalls
- Services of Local Representative
- Local tourist tax
- Zagreb sightseeing tour
- Medvedgrad and Lonjsko Polje Nature Park
- Plitvice National Park and Zadar sightseeing tour
- Paklenica National Park
- Risnjak National Park and Postojna cave
- Ljubljana sightseeing tour
- Bled and Bohinj excursion
COST: On Request
- All flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- Optional excursions
- Drinks, tips, laundry, bottled drinking water and other personal expenses
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Holiday Surcharge
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- Tips and gratuities
- Passport and Visa fees
- International Airfare
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- Croatian tour leader
- Meals and drinks (except breakfast)
- Any other service not mentioned in the program
- GST extra as applicable
- Rates are subject to availability and to further terms and conditions.
- All prices are correct at the time of printing. Compact travels reserves the right to alter the published price of any tour due to increasing tariffs, costs and entry fees or fluctuation of exchange rates, such amounts shall be determined at the sole discretion of Compact Travels.
- No reservations have been made and accommodation is subject to availability. In case of non-availability, alternate accommodation will be recommended.
- All outdoor activities are weather permitting.
- Visa is required for entering Croatia and Slovenia.
- Smoking is not allowed in the vehicles. Comfort stops will be made en route.
- All distances and travelling times are approximate.
- Peak Season Surcharge may be applicable during Xmas, New Year or during any special events.
- Compact Travels Terms & Conditions Apply.
- Effective November 15, 2015, Swachh Bharat cess in addition to the Service tax will be applicable on all currencies (payable in INR).
- All Payments to be made in INR, USD or EUR as per rate of exchange at the time of booking.
- Any payments automatically mean adherence to the terms & conditions of Compact Travels.