- Duration: 5N/6D
- Location: Karatu, Serengeti, Lake Manyara
- Available Seat: 10
- Price: On Request
Tanzania Safari Tour 2 (Every Wednesday)
5 Nights / 6 Days
2N Karatu / 2N Serengeti / 1N Lake Manyara
DAY 01: ARRIVE IN ARUSHA/ARUSHA – KARATU
Arrive in Arusha. After lunch, drive through the Iraqw tribe farmlands to your lodge situated in Karatu just outside the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The crater covers over 300 square kilometers of land and is the home of the rare black rhino, prides of lion, elephant, cheetah and great herds of buffalo, antelope and wildebeest. Enjoy Dinner in the farm house. (LD)
Overnight in Karatu.
DAY 02: KARATU – NGORONGORO CRATER – KARATU
After breakfast, you will drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area and descend over 600 meters to the floor of the crater for a day crater tour. Explore the forest areas that are inhabited by monkey and elephant, the lake area, where you may see the flamingos and the open savannah where the lions hunt for food. Picnic lunches will be served in the crater. In the late afternoon, drive back and enjoy dinner in the farm house. (BLD)
Overnight in Karatu.
DAY 03: KARATU – SERENGETI
After breakfast, drive to Olduvai Gorge, site of Louis and Mary Leakey’s renowned archaeological discoveries. Their findings include some of the man’s earliest known ancestral remains. Continue to Serengeti National Park in time for lunch. This enormous park supports every variety of animal imaginable – from large predators such as lion, leopard and cheetah to the smaller herbivores they prey on. In the afternoon, enjoy a game drive. (BLD)
Overnight in Serengeti.
DAY 04: SERENGETI
After breakfast, you spend the whole day on game drive in this National Park, which is rich with all different species of animals. To maximize game viewing you will carry a picnic lunch with you and spend the full day in the Serengeti National Park. Enjoy dinner at a lodge in Serengeti. (BLD)
Overnight in Serengeti.
DAY 05: SERENGETI – LAKE MANYARA
After breakfast, drive to Lake Manyara, a soda lake lying in the Rift Valley. Lunch at Kirurumu Tented Lodge. In the afternoon, enjoy a game drive in Lake Manyara National Park, home of the tree-climbing lions. Apart from the varied types of landscape including jungle, swamp and Savannah, there are also a large variety of animals including Giraffe, Zebra, Elephant, Gazelle, hippos, monkeys and about 400 different species of birds. Enjoy Dinner at the lodge. (BLD)
Overnight in Lake Manyara.
DAY 06: LAKE MANYARA – ARUSHA/DEPARTURE DAY
After breakfast, drive to Arusha. Enjoy lunch in a restaurant. (BL)
- 3*/ 4* Accommodation as per itinerary (subject to availability) at the time of booking or similar. Please note that the hotels in Tanzania are not graded.
- Includes 5 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 5 Dinners, meals as per itinerary (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner).
- Ground transportation in a 8 seater or 6 seater 4×4 safari vehicle with English speaking Driver guide:- 8 Seater Safari Vehicle has 6 window seats (in the passenger cabin) and 1 window seat next to the driver (in front). 6 Seater Safari Vehicle has 4 window seats (in the passenger cabin) and 1 window seat next to the driver (in front)
- Game drives and park entry fees
- Meet and Greet Services
- Tourism Development Levy (currently USD 1.50 per person per night)
- Ngorongoro Crater: Descend over 600 metres to the floor of the crater for a day crater tour. Explore the forest areas.
- Serengeti National Park
- Lake Manyara, a soda lake lying in the Great Rift Valley
- Lake Manyara National Park – If lucky you can watch tree climbing lions which is the most famous spectacle in this park
- Safari Game drives as per the itinerary
COST: On Request
Optional Activities are available
- All flights, excess baggage fees, airport departure taxes and other relevant taxes
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. internet, curio, laundry, beverages, etc.) unless specifically quoted for above
- Passport and Visa fees
- International Airfare
- Anything not specifically quoted in the inclusions
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- Domestic and International flights and departure taxes
- Optional activities and excursions
- Drinks, tips, laundry, bottled drinking water and other personal expenses
- Medical, Travel and Baggage Insurance
- Holiday Surcharge
- GST extra as applicable
- Rates are subject to availability and to further terms and conditions.
- All prices are correct at the time of printing. Namaste Tourism reserves the right to alter the published price of any tour due to increasing tariffs, costs and entry fees or fluctuation of exchange rates, such amounts shall be determined at the sole discretion of Namaste Tourism.
- No reservations have been made and accommodation is subject to availability. In case of non-availability, alternate accommodation will be recommended.
- All outdoor activities are weather permitting.
- A supplement of USD 50.00 per person per day will apply to all bookings on the 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st December
- Smoking is not allowed in the vehicles. Comfort stops will be made en route.
- All distances and travelling times are approximate.
- Peak Season Surcharge may be applicable during Xmas, New Year or during any special events.
- Namaste Tourism Terms & Conditions Apply.
- Effective November 15, 2015, Swachh Bharat cess in addition to the Service tax will be applicable on all currencies (payable in INR).
- All Payments to be made in INR, USD or EUR as per rate of exchange at the time of booking.
- Any payments automatically mean adherence to the terms & conditions of Namaste Tourism.